Students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook which they have been issued by the school. Chromebooks that are broken or fail to work properly must be taken to the Technology Coordinator’s office. If a loaner Chromebook is needed, one may be issued to the student until their Chromebook can be repaired or replaced.
- No food or drink is allowed next to your Chromebook while it is in use.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Students should never carry their Chromebook while the screen is open unless directed to do so by a teacher.
- Chromebooks should be shut down when not in use to conserve battery life.
- Chromebooks should never be shoved into a locker or wedged into a book bag as this may break the screen.
- Do not expose your Chromebook to extreme temperature or direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Extreme heat or cold may cause damage to the laptop.
- Always bring your laptop to room temperature prior to turning it on.
Carrying the Chromebook:
The protective shell of the Chromebook will only provide basic protection from everyday use. It is not designed to prevent damage from drops or abusive handling. Carrying the Chromebook in a padded backpack or padded bookbag is acceptable provided the backpack or bookbag is handled with care. For example, you shouldn’t toss the bag or drop the bag if your Chromebook is inside. Protective padded cases are provided and must be used at all times.
The Chromebook screen can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean on top of the Chromebook.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything in the carrying case that will press against the cover.
- Do not poke the screen.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, notebooks).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry anti-static, or micro-fiber cloth. Do not use window cleaner or any type of liquid or water on the Chromebook. You can also purchase individually packaged pre-moistened eyeglass lens cleaning tissues to clean the screen. These are very convenient and relatively inexpensive.