Prepare Your Child for A Brighter Future
Our tuition-free, non-profit public charter school provides a nurturing and intellectually challenging environment to high school students. Each of our students leave prepared for success in and after college. At Barack Obama Green Charter High School, we set high expectations for everyone—students, parents and staff alike—to foster the limitless potential of every student.
Let’s develop your child’s life skills, knowledge, and values together.
Enrollment Information for the Academic Year 2020-2021
The BOGCHS School is a public charter school that takes pride in serving the community with grades 9 through 12 for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications may be submitted online at www.obamagreencharter.org, and are due March 2nd, 2020 by 11:59p.m.
- Free tuition to all families. BOGCHS is a public high school that does not charge tuition.
- Open enrollment. As a public charter school, we are open to all students in New Jersey on a space-availability basis with preference given to students from Plainfield and siblings of currents students.
- Selection of students to enroll through a random lottery. The lottery will be held on March 6th, 2020. Results will be available in our website on March 9th, 2020.
Important Dates and Deadlines
October 2019: Online application is available now at www.obamagreencharter.org
March 2, 2020: Deadline to submit application
March 6, 2020: Lottery Day
March 9, 2020: Results available in our website
March 10-27, 2020: Enrollment paperwork is submitted to the school by lottery winners
March 30, 2020: Invitations begin for students placed on the waiting list, provided space is available
Enrollment paperwork required
- Birth Certificate
- Two (2) proofs of address (Utility bill, lease of apartment, etc)
- Registration and guidance/health packet (available at Main Office)
- A45 from previous school (original copy of both sides required)
- Current physical exam (every year while in school)
- IEP report (if applicable)
- Student transfer card (from previous school)
- Registration of student at the Board of Education from the town of your residence – Genesis report or proof of confirmation needed